[x3d-public] Volunteer needed, X3D JSON to X3D XML, X3D Canonicalizer, comparison

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Mar 20 15:02:08 PDT 2016

Continued improvement of the X3D JSON Loader sounds great!

Meanwhile, much of what you are looking for is also present in the Java/Ant-based build scripts already.  Hopefully this is helping with loader development as well.

Missing parts for this alternate Java/Ant approach to work:

a. Java-based conversion from FileName.json to FileNameRoundTrip.xml

b. Ant- or Java-based invocation of xmlunit testing to compare original FileName.x3d to FileNameRoundTrip.xml

Also creeping up my task list is the goal to

c. add X3D JSON Schema validation to the build scripts.

Depending on how forgiving the xmlunit package is, X3D Canonicalization (C14N) may or may not be needed.  In any case, Java-based C14N is available.

Outputs for each scene would be in the build log.  So scene error reporting is in the eye of any beholder too.

Quality Assurance (QA) is good!  This is all part of how we are ensuring that the X3D infrastructure provides a rock-solid basis for server-side/cloud/enterprise graphics.

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#QualityAssurance

btw apologies that our intermittent server problems are not resolved yet.  Meanwhile the full set of X3D Validator checks are also available as part of X3D-Edit and testable locally when you have that installed.