[x3d-public] proposed CAD Working Group Agenda, Thursday 7 April, 0800 pacific

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Mar 24 15:07:09 PDT 2016

We are hoping for CAD Working Group to meet for 60-90 minutes 2 weeks from now, Thursday 7 April, starting 0800 pacific time.

	http://www.web3d.org/calendar/month

	http://www.web3d.org/member/teleconference-information

proposed CAD Working Group Agenda:

a. Introductions and work progress reports

b.Consider Web3D 2016 workshop on

	3D Printing and 3D Scanning for CAD and X3D

	http://web3d2016.web3d.org

	http://web3d2016.web3d.org/submissions/workshops

Related: will there also be an Industrial Use Cases forum?

c. AEC Hackathon 3.1 coming up 29 April - 1 May in Los Angeles.

	http://aechackathon.com/aec-hackathon-socal-2/

Growing our repertoire to include Building Information Management (BIM) is a possibility when we are ready...

d. Outside messaging:
- should we create an X3D CAD flyer to help with outreach?
- showcasing examples?
- resources when outside CAD people say "What can X3D do for me?"  Some attachments are on our public page:

	http://www.web3d.org/working-groups/computer-aided-design-cad

e. We need 2 volunteers to fill out Working Group Annual Report for follow-on CAD meeting.

f. Jargon check: CAD Distillation Format (CDF) or CAD Distillation Filter (CDF)?

Additional agenda items welcome.

Sincerely yours, Vince and Don