[x3d-public] Stuck on Inlining JSON--Question for JSON Loader customers

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 18:58:21 PDT 2016

Do people want to Inline JSON files in my X3D JSON Loader?  I think they do, but I’m pretty sure I want to separate the code out into my prototype expander.  How do people feel about this?  Ultimately, I think that X3DOM and Cobweb will fully support JSON, but until they do, can we develop a stopgap measure?

I don’t want to put Inline JSON in my X3D JSON Loader, because it introduces a dependency on AJAX/JQuery, and changes the DOM/XML so I can’t do roundtrip comparisons with the original X3D.

Who is using the X3D JSON Loader at this time and what are the requirements?  The loader is moving towards a support role for verifying the JSON encoding, and unless my customers speak up, it will continue to move that way.