[x3d-public] GeoPositionInterpolator revision for V4.0

Roy Walmsley roy.walmsley at ntlworld.com
Tue May 3 11:57:39 PDT 2016

Hi,

If you don’t have consensus yet, then simply raise a Mantis issue, and copy in the appropriate content. Then it can be discussed by the Geospatial WG to achieve consensus. Once you have consensus on the Geospatial WG then a pull request for 19775-1 V4.0 WD1 would be a good procedure. Then the X3D WG will give it the once over, and, assuming no issues, I will merge it.

We still have documentation to write for the ‘proper’ procedures. This also needs to include some editing styles info.

When you make changes for a PR, can you please edit as follows:

1)      If you want to delete any existing text, don’t. Instead leave it there and use the <span class=”proposedDeletion”> style around all the text to be deleted. This will highlight it in yellow, and also apply a strikeout.

2)      If you want to add new text, use the <span class=”proposed”> style around all the new text. This will highlight it in yellow.

Once the X3D WG has also approved it, then we change the class styles to “approvedDeletion” and “approved” respectively, which changes the highlight to green.

This makes it easy to see what has changed from the last version. You will see some examples already exist.

There are some additional styles, for editor’s comments, for example, that we can use to add a temporary reference, e.g. a link to public discussions or a Mantis issue.

Great work catching all this, guys.

Roy