[x3d-public] What should this file display (for the experts)?

Roy Walmsley roy.walmsley at ntlworld.com
Tue May 31 08:24:38 PDT 2016

Vince,

Thanks for your observations. I too agree that this file should display
three green boxes lined up along the x axis. This is what my own viewer
based on a development X3D extension to Coin3D shows. Similarly, after a
couple of bug fixes, I get the same with the JSON-encoded file.

Both the XML and the JSON encoded files pass the relevant Schema validation.
My own code loads and displays without any errors. I believe the file, in
either encoding, is valid X3D.

I also saw, along with John, the varied display from different players.
Hence we decided to publicize this file as a fairly simple test file
demonstrating nested prototypes.

Roy