[x3d-public] announce: X3D Java Scene Authoring Interface (SAI) open source, beta supports Scripts/fields and includes demo video

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Nov 7 09:48:50 PST 2016

Today's update includes support for Script and field, further testing, and a snapshot video.

	http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/X3dJavaSceneAuthoringInterface.html

	http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/examples/HelloWorldProgram.java
	http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/examples/HelloWorldProgramOutput.x3d

	http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/examples/images/HelloWorldProgramOutput.png
	http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/examples/images/HelloWorldProgramOutput.mp4

Note that two packages are provided.  The specification-defined interfaces are relatively minimalist, I'm building and exercising the concrete-node library to show programmatic creation of X3D scene graph using Java.

* org.web3d.x3d.java provides concrete implementation-oriented classes for building X3D scenes using standalone Java objects.
* org.web3d.x3d.sai   contains standard X3D SAI interfaces to independently compile Script-node source for use in X3D players.

p.s. Curiously the Script was needed to convert a single SFColor into a MFColor array (for Background node skyColor field).  Am thinking that an extension to ColorInterpolator will be a worthy addition to facilitate color animation: perhaps separately as a ColorArrayInterpolator node, or we add a inputOutput field "SFInt32 arrayWidth 1" to ColorInterpolator.  Will work on a prototype to explore further.