[x3d-public] X3D JSON Loader now includes sample Python imperative encoding as output; Challenge for Don.

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Nov 10 08:06:57 PST 2016

John this is really wonderful.  Congratulations and thanks.

Really interesting how the code patterns for HelloWorld.py are so similar to the Java example.

It will be further interesting when we continue in these further planned directions: JavaScript, D3.js, C++.

Peeking over the peek beyond that, if we get consistent working codebases running (known to be correct thanks to common basis in autoderivation from X3D Object Model) then smart programmers will build further applications and even utility libraries on top!

Am currently working on toStringClassicVRML() and toStringVRML97() in the X3D Java SAI Library.  Talk about a mix of imperative and declarative - whew, tricky sledding!  (btw my serializer CreateX3dSceneAccessInterfaceJava.xslt is 14755 lines and growing - very jealous of your 32 lines!)

Your challenge is much appreciated.  Will think about it - examples from other libraries/languages that illustrate your thinking will be welcome.  Perhaps the X3D Java SAI Library will help us experiment further in that direction too, either in code generation or library usage.

Again thanks for exposing X3D via python - wow, a major step towards a new milestone.  Onward we go together.  8)

p.s. umm, have fun with X3D Python!  8)