[x3d-public] cobweb DOM integration

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 10 05:53:22 PDT 2016

if added to SAI SFNode interface, then it might need a parameter: sfnode.getContainerField(parent) since some nodetypes have multiple containerfield targets by fieldname, but usually (Q1. always?) just one  field for a given parent nodetype.
Q2. in an ExternProto scenario, before extern proto is loaded, and no concrete node as first node of protobody, how to determine via a function what is the containerfield its instances should target their parents? Can we put a field 'containerField' or MFString containerFields? Does cobeweb delay instancing extern protos until the extern is loaded and concretized before allowing getContainerField?
Q3. terminology: does 'container' part of containerfield refer to the parent ie parent is container or does it refer to the field ie a field is a container?