[x3d-public] Position on X3D Next Generation

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Mon Oct 17 23:14:57 PDT 2016

John,

Sorry to disappoint you, but transmission does not handle editing. It is
a means to go from archives to display in an automated manner.

But, you question does bring up a good point. What does "edit X3D" mean?
Is it creating a model in X3D? For this you can use Blender. Blender
will also do texturing, rigging, skinning, and animation. Once complete,
you can export in X3D format. Is that editing X3D?

Is editing X3D taking a number of models and adding relationship
animation and interactivity? That is generally though of as scene building.

Part of the difficult relates to my question earlier this month - What
is the purpose of X3D? In these series of posts I am describing several
different environments where X3D lives or operates. By clarifying those
environments and how X3D interacts with that environment I plan on
showing how different parts of X3D fit within the environment and with
other parts of X3D.

Leonard Daly