[x3d-public] X3D V4.0 Open Meeting on X3D / DOM Integration November 9th

Roy Walmsley roy.walmsley at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 26 05:40:17 PDT 2016

Hello all,

Two weeks today we are holding an open meeting as part of our X3D standard
version 4.0 development, where the integration of X3D into web pages is a
major goal. This meeting will discuss the specific topic of the integration
of X3D with the DOM. The aim of the discussion is to assess the DOM element
requirements for loading an X3D scene into a web page, from the point of
view of the specification content needed. The current behaviour of both the
X3DOM and Cobweb implementations will also be covered.

The meeting will be held on Wednesday November 9th 2016 at 0800 PST (1600
UTC), on the Web3D teleconference line. We invite you all to attend to share
your ideas and contribute to the development of the next version of the X3D
specification.

If you wish to attend and need information on the Web3D teleconference line
please get back to either myself or Don Brutzman (cc'ed) who will be happy
to supply all the details.

Looking forward to your participation and advancing the standard together,

Roy Walmsley

X3D WG co-chair