[x3d-public] containerField modifications by script

Yves Piguet yves.piguet at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 08:43:51 PDT 2016

I'd rather consider the containerField as just a convenience of the XML encoding. The node with a containerField value is a child of its parent which perhaps you might want to detach and reattach explicitly; not the opposite where the containerField value would be some kind of a child property of the node. I wouldn't keep a containerField property once the X3D scene tree is built. So I agree with you to not support containerField mutation.

Yves