[x3d-public] [h-anim] Purpose of X3Dng -- Animation (of humanoid models)

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 30 17:49:00 PDT 2016

>> ng == next generation

I thought it was like surf'ng with the ' left out on purpose.

> Looking forward to continuing progress that reinforces, extends and
> demonstrates the X3D and H-Anim family of standards.

Well, what Leonard has stated elswhere is that in a part of his vision
of X3Dng (next generation) is a standard evolving to support some sort
of division between archiving and playing.

If I have understood this part of the vision, Leonard, please become
familiar wirh Collada, since that represents an achive form for all
types of X3D data.

X3D is also intended as an archival form (pre-collada). X3D is a
highly structured, extensible, very accessible and authorable data
base that just happens to support a great realtime interactive
runtime.

All Best,
Joe