[x3d-public] event tracing

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 06:46:52 PDT 2016

The cobweb_dom event logger now includes the x3d time stamp for each event:

https://andreasplesch.github.io/cobweb_dom/tests/interactiveTransformations.xhtml

For documentation purposes some related findings:

Looking at Chrome, it turns out that Chrome reports dom event creation time
stamps in (hi-res) milliseconds after initial page loading:

https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2016/01/high-res-timestamps

Firefox, on the other hand, reports in integer microseconds after 1970.

Both, therefore, do not follow the DOM spec. which says time stamps should
be in milliseconds after 1970:

http://www.w3.org/TR/dom/#dom-event-timestamp

Firefox documentation apparently needs to be updated:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Event/timeStamp

(Perhaps event.timeStamp was not available until recently?)

-Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch
39 Barbara Rd.