[x3d-public] event tracing

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 07:26:45 PDT 2016

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 9:48 AM, <x3d-public-request at web3d.org> wrote:

Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 16:08:18 -0700
> From: Leonard Daly <Leonard.Daly at realism.com>
> To: x3d-public at web3d.org
> Subject: Re: [x3d-public] event utility usage, and event tracing
>         techniques
>
> Andreas,
>
> As Mike points out 20ms is significant. As 60fps, the system needs to
> generate a new frame every 16.6ms. Desired is > 90fps (or <
> 11.1ms/frame). Could the DOM event be getting held up until after a
> frame is generated (20ms = 50fps)?

The DOM event is created by the SAI field.addEventCallback() method .

What does the SAI standard say about when an added event callback should be
invoked ?
Presumably as part of the same event cascade when the x3d event is created
but is there guidance ?

I see if I can figure out from looking at the cobweb source when exactly
the callback is called but perhaps Holger can chime in ?

My working hypothesis to test would be at the end of the event processing
but before the draw traversal, at a given time stamp.

-Andreas