[x3d-public] X3D Resources Examples. Basic/UniversalMediaMaterials images are monochrome

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Mon Sep 5 11:19:24 PDT 2016

On 9/5/2016 8:22 AM, Roy Walmsley wrote:

> Leonard,
>
> Sorry if I didn’t make it clear. My attached images are generated
> using my own Coin3D based viewer. The images on the web site we are
> comparing against are:
>
> http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/UniversalMediaMaterials/viewpointSlideshow.html
>
> In all there are 547 viewpoint images listed, all appearing to be
> monochrome.

OK, understand now. I looked at one
(http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/UniversalMediaMaterials/_viewpoints/ArtDecoExamples.x3d._VP_Close_Front.png)
It has four different pixel values. The file does report that the pixel
bit depth is 32. It appears that this is more of an image mask than a
screen capture. Another reason for suspecting a mask is that the shinny
examples (e.g., Metals or Glass) should have various light to dark
regions due to reflectance and shadow. I do not see anything like that.

Leonard Daly