[x3d-public] DOM integration with cobweb

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 12:58:40 PDT 2016

Hello,

thanks to a transcontinental flight I made some progress on my bridge
between the cobweb x3d scene graph and the DOM tree with x3d elements.

Here are two simple examples:

https://andreasplesch.github.io/cobweb_dom/addremoveNode.xhtml

This is the x3dom add/remove nodes example (
http://examples.x3dom.org/example/x3dom_addRemoveNode.html) with minor
adjustments for xhtml but unchanged javascript control code.

https://andreasplesch.github.io/cobweb_dom/index.xhtml

This demonstrates both how html attribute changes are picked up by the x3d
scene graph, and how adding and removing html elements also is reflected in
the x3d scene graph. The box trafos are root nodes, and the removable
Material node is a field of the Shape node.

I put the bridge code in a separate file, so it can now be easily added to
any page.

The next step would be to translate x3d sensor events into appropriate DOM
events. This will require probably more modification of the cobweb code
itself and a clear strategy.

What I have in mind is to require x3d sensor nodes, unlike x3dom which
dispatches events on any shape.

-Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch