[x3d-public] COBWEB IMPLEMENTS DYNAMIC SHADOWS

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Sep 16 13:56:51 PDT 2016

Holger, congratulations on such wonderful progress!   8)

The X3D Working Group indeed lists shadows on the set of capabilities desired for X3D v4.

	X3D version 4.0 Development
	http://www.web3d.org/wiki/index.php/X3D_version_4.0_Development

We look forward to learning more about how you have accomplished this capability, how it might utilize WebGL or other renderers, and how it might be similarly implemented in other players.

Good to see that your default shadowIntensity  is 0, keeping the rendering of legacy content the same by default.

Wondering if shadowMapSize is essentially a player setting that perhaps doesn't need to be exposed to model authors?