[x3d-public] dual use of script tag in HTML environment

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 12:21:32 PDT 2016

Here some relevant resources with regards to the script element and its
dual use:

HTML5 spec. of script element:

https://www.w3.org/TR/html5/scripting-1.html#script

HTML5 spec. of the mime types which must be recognized and executed by web
browser

https://www.w3.org/TR/html5/scripting-1.html#support-the-scripting-language

The same section also specifies a few mime types which must not be executed
by the browser. For example, 'application/xml' will never be interpreted
and executed by a browser.

http://www.bitmanagement.com/developer/spec/vrmlscript/vrmlscript.html#Protocol

http://www.bitmanagement.com/developer/spec/vrmlscript/vrmlscript.html#MIMEtype
1996 SGI vrmlscript MIME type recommendation.

--
Andreas Plesch
39 Barbara Rd.