[x3d-public] Progress converting XML Schema to JSON Schema -- XML schema as JSON

yottzumm at gmail.com yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 18:36:14 PDT 2016

I have used xml2js, the same tool I used in the X3D JSON roudtripping to read XML files into JavaScript to convert X3D XML Schema to XML Schema as JSON, on the way to converting to swagger and other schemas.

If someone is interested in the output, the files are here:

https://github.com/coderextreme/x3dxsd

The driver code is about 16 lines, and is found here: https://github.com/coderextreme/x3dxsd/blob/master/xmlxsd.js and convert.sh.  I think leveraging others work is a good deal, as long as they don’t charge you for it 😊.  I believe the output is JSON5, but someone could confirm that.

Thanks,