[x3d-public] local files. Help debugging with X3DJSAIL runtime errors? Maven. Next steps. Continuous Integration

yottzumm at gmail.com yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 02:08:31 PDT 2017

Don,

Hmm.  Maybe set breakpoints by the ProtoInstances and ProtoDeclare.  I can bring up in the debugger, but so far, I haven’t been running any IDE.  Would be nice if we could “Create new X3DSAIL project” in an IDE (hint, hint).

I would say it’s nested prototypes which are thwarting the current algorithm, but would have to put it under a debugger to make sure.  I’m getting a lot of these fieldValue errors.  You should at least write out to one format in  your app code, maybe provide methods for each format, with an  output file parameter.

We should investigate uploading a version of X3DJSAIL to a Maven 2 repository for testing with Maven and IDEs.
What you probably should do is create a maven POM for building X3DJSAIL.  I can probably help, but will require source to be in PROJECT/src/main/java/org/… as per normal Maven projects—that is, I don’t know how to use stylesheets in Maven, except that it probably goes in the generate-sources phase.  The pom.xml will go in PROJECT.  Your example will go in PROJECT/src/test/java/.  resources (stylesheets) go in PROJECT/src/main/resources/.

Time to advance to the state of the art for both of us?  I’ve been writing shell scripts *blush*.

I will write a test project once the main X3DJSAIL pom is written.

This will make X3DJSAIL palatable for the majority of Java programmers, and will allow for versioning, etc.

Should we set up a meeting to go over Maven?  Roy?

I’m wearing out my processors running 8 jobs at a time.  Any chance I can get consortium resources once we get these maven projects built and put into continuous integration.  That is, an account on the continuous integration web page?  I’d like to see the whole thing built and redeployed automatically (if build is successful) whenever something is checked in.  I do believe this is very realizable.   We can set up separate projects for each JSAIL language.

Should I be working towards a JNI version of X3DJSAIL for C++, or go to back to python and work on the serializer there (in addition to tracking down runtime issues—in any language)?   Or push forward on Nashorn? IKVM (convert jars to dlls) may be the best solution for python, C# (windows).

I’m getting many more code too large with the function Java style.  Perhaps it’s not a good approach if it has more compiler errors than the more typical java approach?

Getting the rest of the append errors solved is probably highest priority for me.

John

Sent from Mail for Windows 10