[x3d-public] GeoElevationGrid.yScale not being output by X3dToJson.xslt

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Apr 7 09:08:21 PDT 2017

On 4/7/2017 1:23 AM, yottzumm at gmail.com wrote:
> When set to default value 1.0 (Okay, I think, just shows up in diffs).

Yes.  The baseline setting for stylesheet output is for default attributes values to be omitted, matching X3D Canonicalization.

X3DJSAIL is similarly configured.  Programmers can change this behavior by adjusting a property:

ConfigurationProperties: setShowDefaultAttribute(boolean) and, to check current value, isShowDefaultAttribute()

Set whether default attributes (and their values) are shown when serializing scene output.
http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/javadoc/org/web3d/x3d/jsail/ConfigurationProperties.html#setShowDefaultAttributes-boolean-

Indicate whether default attributes (and their values) are shown when serializing scene output.
http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/javadoc/org/web3d/x3d/jsail/ConfigurationProperties.html#isShowDefaultAttributes--

If you think it is valuable, I will add a similar parameter in the X3dToJava.xslt converter that produces verbose Java output.  That might be useful for author prototyping, perhaps making it easier to change values.

Thanks for identifying this.  Conceptually we want to might have similar or matching options like this in our JavaScript, Java and XSLT conversion tools.