[x3d-public] Shader extensions and shadows in a ray / path tracing renderer.

Roy Walmsley roy.walmsley at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 12 10:29:59 PDT 2017

Hi Michalis,

Once again, thank you for coming along to our X3D meeting today and sharing
your experiences.

One question I have just thought about relates to your proposed shader and
shadow extensions. It is this:

Currently your extensions are designed around an OpenGL rendering
environment. X3D actually makes no assumptions about the rendering
environment, so the standard should be equally applicable to, for example, a
path or ray tracing renderer. Would your extensions still be valid in such
environments?

Thanks in anticipation,

Roy