[x3d-public] [...] set_Value prefix and value_changed suffix, potential v4 issue

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 08:21:42 PDT 2017

Michalis,

thanks for clarifying. It prompted me to go back as well to test x3dom and
cobweb with inputoutput fields. I was also wrong as both cobweb and x3dom
do NOT require the "set_" prefix in this example:

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/ConformanceNist/Sensors/TimeSensor/loopIndex.html

Note that the route specifies "translation", not "set_translation". But
"set_translation" is also accepted by both browser. I did not test _changed
but I assume it behaves the same way.

>From this limited sample, it then appears that the consensus is actually
the "may, but" interpretation of "can" (which was my initial expectation).

-Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch
39 Barbara Rd.