[x3d-public] MFString quoting [was: interesting sample]

Yves Piguet yves.piguet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 07:23:10 PDT 2017

> On 26 Apr 2017, at 16:10, Andreas Plesch <andreasplesch at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So, I would suggest to allow single quotes as delimiters in MFStrings as well although I realize that places an additional burden on the x3d parser.
>
> In the end, to me, allowing balanced pairs of single or double quotes interchangeably anywhere is the simplest rule.

And in the Classic encoding too? For Classic SFString too?

I'd prefer simple rules. My "vote" to just fixing the X3D XML encoding standard wording so that the X3D XML becomes clearly compliant with XML; i.e. keep double quotes for MFStrings once the XML stuff has been decoded.

> Backslash escaping for printing is required in any case.

I don't understand that part.

Best,

Yves