[x3d-public] interesting sample

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Apr 26 07:36:29 PDT 2017

Thanks for further detail.

We have a pretty full set of outstanding Mantis issues regarding SFString/MFString, mostly oriented around spec prose:

	http://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/search.php?project_id=4&search=MFString

including yours

	Mantis Issue 488: 5.15 SFString and MFString - Handling of Quotation Marks
	http://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view.php?id=488

	0000705: 5.15 SFString and MFString - Escaping backslashes
	http://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view.php?id=705

There was at least one email thread on my recommended change, am not finding the issue which suggests that a nonempty MFString value without quote marks be handled as an MFString containing a single MFString, i.e.

	string='missing quote marks'

be treated as equivalent to

	string=' "missing quote marks" '

which might take care of many mysterious content failures.

I think it would be good if we planned an X3D Working Group teleconference to focus on SFString/MFString issues together so that any reconciliations might be coherent.