[x3d-public] MFString quoting [was: interesting sample]

Roy Walmsley roy.walmsley at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 26 07:49:11 PDT 2017

Hi all,

This discussion has, as has already been pointed out, been held before. In fact, specification comments have been submitted, and Mantis issues raised. These cover almost all the points raised in this thread.

The latest Mantis issue is 1091 (available to Web3D members at http://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view.php?id=1091). In summary, it acknowledges the strictness of X3D compared to the XML specification. It suggests that the XML standard be modified to relax the strict requirements of X3D to conform to the requirements of XML. No decision has yet been taken on whether to accept this change. Mantis issue 1091 is already linked to three other issues, relating to blank normalization in strings and handling of backslashes and quotation marks.

All the best,

Roy