[x3d-public] Support for specular maps (and more) in view3dscene, and Blender exporter to CommonSurfaceShader

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 20:45:18 PDT 2017

> 2. In another news, I have improved our custom Blender exporter to
> X3D, linked on https://castle-engine.sourceforge.io/creating_data_blender.php
> . It now exports the CommonSurfaceShader, including various texture
> configurations like normal maps, specular maps and so on.

Update: if the process of installing our custom Blender X3D exporter
scared you, I have just improved it a lot :) You can now install our
customized exporter as a normal "Blender Add-On" that exists in
parallel to the standard Blender X3D exporter.

The instructions on
http://castle-engine.sourceforge.io/creating_data_blender.php provide
the details, they are hopefully clear to follow even for a Blender
novice:)

Regards,
Michalis