[x3d-public] Use of Metadata

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Mon Aug 7 11:59:00 PDT 2017

X3D allows all nodes to contain metadata. This can be anything from a
single value to a large structure. I understand and have seen the use of
metadata within a model, including the various CAD geometry collection
nodes. Has anyone used or seen metadata used in other areas of a scene.
This would include in animation (interpolator nodes), sensor,
environment, viewpoint/navigation nodes.

If you have used it or seen it used, why was that method used instead of
a comment or other mechanism?  I am looking for actual uses; not
potential uses, or uses to illustrate the capability. I would like to
understand how metadata is used in a 3D scene.

--
*Leonard Daly*
3D Systems & Cloud Consultant