[x3d-public] Possible bug in X3DJSAIL, ProtoInstance name

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 11:29:00 PDT 2017

Don,

Please check the order of my calls, and then check X3DJSAIL.  Thanks!

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "arc.py", line 380, in <module>
    ProtoInstance64.addFieldValue(fieldValue65)
  File "jnius\jnius_export_class.pxi", line 638, in jnius.JavaMethod.__call__ (jnius\jnius.c:25616)
  File "jnius\jnius_export_class.pxi", line 715, in jnius.JavaMethod.call_method (jnius\jnius.c:26599)
  File "jnius\jnius_utils.pxi", line 93, in jnius.check_exception (jnius\jnius.c:4619)
jnius.JavaException: JVM exception occurred: ERROR_VALUE_NOT_FOUND, ProtoInstance name field is required but no value found.

Also, I got this interesting error from python generated from xml generated from python generated from xml:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "X3dHeaderPrototypeSyntaxExamples_new.py", line 289, in <module>
    Appearance62.setProtoInstance(ProtoInstance63)
AttributeError: 'org.web3d.x3d.jsail.Shape.AppearanceObject' object has no attribute 'setProtoInstance'

Probably something’s wrong with the XML output from the original python. I am sending the original XML and python as well.  There’s probably an issue with my original python or X3DJSAIL. It must be calling setMaterial and it’s getting translated to setProtoInstance somehow.  Indeed the containerField on the ProtoInstance didn’t get set with setMaterial) in the output XML.  I think this may be a known bug. Please fix.