[x3d-public] Appearance of Geometry in HTML

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Mon Aug 14 10:16:24 PDT 2017

John,

> I’m not even sure why Shape and IndexedFaceSets are required over HTML
> div and span + some form of CSS.  Something to think about.

HTML defines may convenience tags. While it is not strictly necessary to
have something like "table" and all of its children tags, it does make
displaying a table much easier. It would certainly be possible to have
something like

          :
appearance-limit...'></div>
          :

It does get difficult to understand and it is possible that each
developer would have their own definitions of #x3d, #scene, .transform,
.geometry-box, etc.

I did think about this style, but decided that readability of content
superseded the abstraction of all elements and the complete separation
of content and style.

Leonard Daly