[x3d-public] X3DJSAIL: Stylesheets folder...how do I specify it?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 21:07:01 PDT 2017

Directing back to x3d-public to see if there’s any other input.

It was much better as ../lib/stylesheets for me, then I could run files in the java folder (with the full “path” to the class file), and still store stylesheets one level up in src/main/lib/stylesheets  However, I expect to run this from just about anywhere (at a level above src for example), so more flexibility is desired.  Perhaps include the stylesheets on the classpath (in the X3DJSAIL jar—they’re already there it appears) and provide an option to override with lib/stylesheets or any other path.  For people running from their home folder without privileges to write outside their home folder, ../lib/stylesheets is definitely a nono, so I can see why you changed it to lib/stylesheets.

It’s an interesting problem. I think it can be solved through the classloader primarily, and secondarily through whatever means you choose.  Since the command-line can override the classpath, the classpath would be an acceptable option for me, I believe.  I just don’t thing that forcing everyone to do lib/stylesheets is a good idea.

If users cannot centralize the maintenance of the stylesheets, we’re going to end up with more headaches of stylesheets not being up-to-date (I think I’m already running into this perhaps).

John

Sent from Mail for Windows 10