[x3d-public] new X3D Java SAI (object model) exercise

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Aug 19 16:42:56 PDT 2017

Thanks for the "heads up" notification Andreas.  Yes sounds like an excellent inquiry.  8)

In years past, the X3D community spent much time to good effect aligning Script-node code and External Authoring Interface (EAI) to produce a single consistent Scene Authoring Interface (SAI).

As we now work to align DOM with X3D, and further extend SAI to become a complete X3D object model, and even attempt similar implementations across multiple programming languages, it certainly feels like we are pursuing another major unification effort.  A unified object model for X3D might be even more powerful and consolidated than those earlier important SAI successes.

Looking forward to examining functional differences you might find - questions, corrections and improvements are always welcome.  Good luck with this work.