[x3d-public] JSON schema handling of Script url containing ecmascript source

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Aug 20 20:41:42 PDT 2017

On 8/20/2017 2:54 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> Code does not match a URI.  You can modify your validator to accept a wider range of URI values, or we can get rid of the format, or we can probably all decide on a different format. Choices 1 and 3 require you modify your validator.

Spec ruleth.  If the value is legal, then the JSON validator needs to become powerful enough to validate it (or at least accept it without throwing a false-positive error).

	X3D Abstract Specification: 9.2.3 Scripting language protocols
	http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/networking.html#ScriptingLanguageProtocols

EXAMPLE  The following illustrates the use of mixing custom protocols and standard protocols in a single url field (order of precedence determines priority):

#X3D V3.0 utf8
Script {
  url [ "ecmascript: ...", # custom in-line ECMAScript code
  "http://bar.com/foo.js", # ECMAScript file reference
  "http://bar.com/foo.class" ] # Java platform bytecode file reference
}

The "..." represents in-line ECMAScript source code.

p.s. we also need a .jar version of url for script code, such as

	"http://bar.com/HeebaHabaLibrary.jar#foo.class"