[x3d-public] *** COBWEB RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT ***

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Aug 22 09:27:16 PDT 2017

On 8/21/2017 10:39 PM, Holger Seelig wrote:
> Leipzig, 22nd August 2017: A new version Cobweb is now available. We finally released version 3.3. Bug was fixed and new features are implemented.
>
> There is main change in Cobweb in that that there are new URL’s for cobweb.min.js and cobweb.css. Use the following locations now:
>
> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://cdn.rawgit.com/create3000/cobweb/3.3/dist/cobweb.css"/>
> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://cdn.rawgit.com/create3000/cobweb/3.3/dist/cobweb.min.js"></script>
>
> Additionally there is now a LATEST release available:
>
> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://cdn.rawgit.com/create3000/cobweb/latest/dist/cobweb.css"/>
> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://cdn.rawgit.com/create3000/cobweb/latest/dist/cobweb.min.js"></script>
All published scenes in X3D Example Archives have been upgraded to Cobweb v3.3. What a huge set of unit tests to check capabilities!

	X3D Resources, Examples: Scene Archives for X3D
	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#Examples

I will next upgrade the stylesheet converter and published examples to 'latest' version for forward compatibility.

> For more information visit:
>
> http://create3000.de/cobweb/whats-new/

For convenience:

====================================
New Features and Bug Fixes

     Changed external browser access.
     Fixed default values of certain nodes (IntegerTrigger, ArcClose2D, Disk2D, Rectangle2D, TriangleSet2D, GeoViewpoint, DirectionalLight, Viewpoint, ConeEmitter, CylinderSensor).
     X3DCanvas is now transparent on startup until browser is initialized.
     Enable propagate events to HTML browser if in NONE viewer.
     X3DExecutionContext.getImportedNode operates now correct if importedName is undefined.
     SFBool.valueOf return now a native JavaScript value.

Tweeted:

	Something special, something more! New version 3.3 of open-source Cobweb player for #X3D now available.
	http://create3000.de/cobweb/whats-new (screenshot attached)

	https://twitter.com/Web3DConsortium/status/900030491591495685

> All the best,
> Holger Seelig

Congratulations and thanks 1M (2M maybe) for all this great progress, Holger!