[x3d-public] OpacityMapVolumeStyle spec. figure

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 15:12:10 PST 2017

Fig. 41.7 at
http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/volume.html#f-OpacityMapVolumeStyle

shows a comparison between the default volume style and Opacity Map
volume style.

In fact, Opacity Map volume style is the default volume style. So one
would expect the same rendering for both panels in the figure.

I am speculating that the only difference between the panels is the
color of the scene background, white vs. black.

I suggest to omit the comparison for this render style and just show
one rendering, with a label "OpacityMapVolumeStyle, the default style"

Any insight into this would be much appreciated.

The reason why I came across this is that I want to reproduce the
rendering with x3dom:

https://x3dom-nrrddev.glitch.me/index.xhtml

x3dom has additional fields for this node to tweak the result:
lightFactor and OpacityFactor. The current default values do not
really reproduce the figure.

-Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch