[x3d-public] Figuro 3D modeling tool

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 14:17:25 PST 2017

What ways do you recommend improving the codebases?

Are you just referring to a X3DJSAIL-like APIs for creating scenes?  I think we should push for more languages support. Java, JavaScript and Python probably won’t cut it.

Similarly, we should consider creating a Python dict (dictionary, like JSON) encoding for X3D, Really, I think that only Java and C-like languages require a separate externalized format (except for interoperability).    We may also want to consider an s-expression encoding.

It also seems to me that the Unified Object Model is approaching a class grammar, as described here: https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-50935-8_16  perhaps we should follow along this approach, since designing games and designing 3D scenes is somewhat allied?

In fact, since a Unified Object Model is not really dealing with instances, it should probably be called a Unified Class Model or Unified Type Model.

Thanks,

John

Subject: [x3d-public] Figuro 3D modeling tool

It will be good to keep improving our open-source codebases for X3D Scene Authoring Interface (SAI) and Unified Object Model to help tools like this easily integrate X3D visualization and printing.