[x3d-public] X3DJSAIL errors when compiling Java generated from X3D resourcesJSON examples. Needs work

yottzumm at gmail.com yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 06:29:02 PST 2017

Don Brutzman wrote:
➢ myFontStyle.setFamily ("SERIF")
	   .setJustify(new String[] {"\"MIDDLE\",\"MIDDLE\""})
	   .setTopToBottom(true);

Hmm.   I see the comma now.  This is not exactly easy to generate from XML.  Please either use space, or use a two element array.  If you still insist on this form, I will try to comply, but it sure is making things difficult, and I hope this applies to ALL MFStrings, because that’s how I am using MFString’s right now.  Whatever we decide for one MFString should apply to all MFStrings.  Let me know.

Here’s how I’m handling MFStrings in JavaScript right now:

                                        } else if (attrType === "MFString") {
                                                str += "new String[] {\""+attrs[a].nodeValue.replace(/"/g, '\\"')+"\"}";

It should be easy enough to put in a split/join to add the comma. I think I had that before.  It would just be cool if we could make this code work for all MFStrings in X3DJSAIL.  Let me know.  I will try adding the split/join and report on results.