[x3d-public] X3DJSAIL differences. Input JSON (converted to Java) produces output JSON. Roundtrip comparison

yottzumm at gmail.com yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 08:56:24 PST 2017

Here is a compressed archive of diffs for JSON input to X3DJSONLD which is converted to Java by the JavaSerializer.js and then run to produce output JSON.   The JSON input and output JSON is then diff -w’ed and the result is saved to a file.  I have run this on my examples and the examples from the X3D Resources Examples.   Results are here http://coderextreme.net/Diffs.tar.gz  grab them while they are hot.

So basically, these are the samples where JSON output was created and the Java didn’t fail to compile or run.  Please peruse them and use them to improve X3DJSAIL (specifically, precision , ProtoInstance and newlines at least).  The original is marked with < and the converted is marked with >

Over 2000 examples were successfully converted to JSON and produced a diff.  One file successfully produced a diff -w with no output.  Let’s improve this number.  This may mean improving the stylesheet, or the parameters/configuration X3dToJson.xslt is called with, or even modifying the Java itself.

Over 1400 examples still don’t compile or produce runtime errors.  Let’s reduce this number.