[x3d-public] [x3dom-users] CSS bindings for <x3d> ...</x3d>

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 6 05:50:02 PST 2017

> ...closing-the-gap-between-html-and-webgl/

yes, in this case the gap between webgl and html is the html dom. The
efforts are how to get webgl functionalities into a state where
features of webgl can be integrated into the dom (or any event-driven
scenegraph), An example is touchsensor where the javascript platform
gives access to webgl functionalities and communicates with the html
using dom interfaces.

This is essentially what x3d does - adding author support for basic
stuff like an object model for the scenegraph structures and a
timestamped cascade event system regardless whether the underlying
system is webgl or ogl; Sometimes when people are inventing this
stuff, I hope they would look at some x3d. I'm sure the x3dom and
cobweb and other great javascript supporting the ongoing intergration
of x3d and html gibes some hints.

The point with css is that it is a very convenient way to control
certain aspects of the scene. And, the current css with html shows
that it is possible to rebuild an html browser to do css operations
using mostly standard dom interfaces.

Thanks and Best,
Joe