[x3d-public] planning Web3D Consortium Open Meeting, Monday 5 June 2017

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Feb 10 09:13:19 PST 2017

Last year's Web3D Conference had the following first-day schedule:

	http://web3d2016.web3d.org/program

We need to plan out and begin preparing for the We3D Consortium Open Meeting on Monday June 5 for Web3D 2017.

	http://web3d2017.web3d.org

Preparations remain active for a VR Hackathon starting Friday afternoon/evening June 2 through Sunday June 4.  Some good synergies are possible with theming for that event too.

There are a number of good possibilities to consider:
- The conference chairs are particularly interested in VR/AR/MAR.
- Last week we discussed CAD/3D Printing/3D Scanning
- There is an offer for a Geospatial tutorial
- Other topics?

Hoping to discuss this during next Wednesday (morning pacific) X3D Working Group teleconference.