[x3d-public] X3DJSAIL packaged environment (not quite ant or maven yet, but quite simple)

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Feb 25 12:33:07 PST 2017

Wow John, this looks pretty wonderful!  Thanks for all the great progress.

Wondering if we might have a teleconference sometime during next 2 weeks for anyone interested?

Vince, do we have a regular CAD call Thursday 0800-0930 pacific?  If so then we could continue with X3DJSAIL, if not we could just get together at that time.  Or perhaps simply wait to a non-CAD meeting week since there seems to be quite a bit to look at - that way we will be fresh.

Have renamed top-level page (please update your bookmarks).  Also updated a variety of information there to align with following points.

	http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/X3DJSAIL.html

Candidate meeting discussion topics:

a. Review of coderextreme/X3DJSAIL capabilities.

b. Review of current X3DJSAIL configuration. Currently the generation of X3DJSAIL is initiated by build.xml in the related X3D "stylesheets" project.

	https://sourceforge.net/p/x3d/code/HEAD/tree/www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/

	https://sourceforge.net/p/x3d/code/HEAD/tree/www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/build.xml
	clean.X3DJSAIL
	create.X3DJSAIL
	create.X3DJSAIL.jars
	upload.X3DJSAIL

c. Example programs and test scenes.
- HelloWorldProgram.java and corresponding conversion outputs, each in version control as a way to track progress or bugs as development continues.
   http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/X3dJavaSceneAuthoringInterface.html#Examples

- coderextreme unit testing of X3D Example Archives
   http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#Examples

- new coderextreme example programs (mentioned below)

- whether it is time to set up for creating a collection or custom set of unit tests

d. It will also be worth exploring whether there is a way to make all related parts together in one combined X3DJSAIL project package, or clearly aligned in combination.  Getting our production "swim lanes" aligned.

e. Preferences regarding single Web3D open source license, or multiple open-source licenses.

f. Updating .jars and considering possible integration with a maven repository.  Currently .jars are updated as tested improvements occur, typically in concert with releases announced on x3d-public at web3D.org mailing list.

For consistency, have renamed .jar files (please update your library when convenient) and belatedly added a Downloads section to X3DJSAIL page:

	http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/X3DJSAIL.html#Downloads

	X3DJSAIL.3.3.classes.jar  (~7MB)
	X3DJSAIL.3.3.full.jar    (~21MB)

(previously X3dJavaSceneAccessInterface3.3.classes.jar and X3dJavaSceneAccessInterface3.3.full.jar)

g. Propose a Web3D 2017 tutorial?  Deadline is 3 March.

	http://web3d2017.web3d.org/important-dates

h. TODO list review and improvement
    http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/X3dJavaSceneAuthoringInterface.html#TODO

i.anything else?