[x3d-public] X3DJSAIL XML output error I think. nested ' apostrophe characters?

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Feb 28 09:18:28 PST 2017

Problem resolution: I've refactored the XML/X3D escaping code to make the functionality easily accessible to authors.

- SFStringObject and MFStringObject now have .toStringX3D() methods to provide String representation of an object, properly escaped for XML-based X3D syntax.

	http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/javadoc/org/web3d/x3d/jsail/fields/SFStringObject.html#toStringX3D--
	http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/javadoc/org/web3d/x3d/jsail/fields/MFStringObject.html#toStringX3D--

- SFStringObject.toStringX3D(someValue) is a static (i.e. externally available) method to similarly escape a someValue String.

	http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/javadoc/org/web3d/x3d/jsail/fields/SFStringObject.html#toStringX3D-java.lang.String-

- Whenever using toStringX3D or toFileX3D on any node object (such as top-level X3DObject) these methods are utilized.

	http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/javadoc/org/web3d/x3d/jsail/Core/X3DObject.html#toFileX3D-java.lang.String-

This concentrates our XML/X3D escaping of string values in one place, so further refinements to output syntax are easily accomplished.

As ever, thanks for ongoing testing.