[x3d-public] Current X3D adoption

Mitchell Williams m1.williams at partner.samsung.com
Tue Jan 3 10:09:36 PST 2017

Greetings Maxim,

Samsung's GearVR supports X3D.

Currently we display 3d models with textures; touch sensors for interactivity and scripting; key frame animations; LOD; plus directional, point and spot lights.
Soon we will have per frame scripting to support procedural animation.
And more to come.

Internally, it is a great tool for us to quickly test/debug GearVR.
Externally, X3D enables 3d modelers, JavaScript & HTML5 developers to build virtual reality.

Let me know anything I can do to support IEEE 3D Body Processing working group to view your work in Virtual Reality.

Mitch Williams
Samsung GearVR X3D development