[x3d-public] Initial JSONParser.js for Cobweb

yottzumm at gmail.com yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 13:33:35 PST 2017

I have sent an initial JSONParser.js for Cobweb for X3D JSON to Holger and Andreas.  I do not know if they will look at it or not.  I believe it will be more like the VRML parser than the XML parser, but it is derived from the XMLParser.  There is no DOM support (well, there are execution contexts).  It does not compile yet and I’ve not sent it through any kind of JavaScript parser.  I don’t know how to use an IDE for Cobweb, so until someone tells me, I can’t build cobweb, so that version of cobweb will be hard to test.  I took a drastic departure fom X3DJSONLD and follow more of the Cobweb way of doing things.

This is intended to provide a 3rd implementation of the upcoming X3D JSON encoding, and provide Cobweb full support for JSON, through createX3DFromString (or similar).

The code is licensed through Holger, so I have not released it to the public.  Please talk to her if you want to contribute.

It may be a total mess.  I tried.