[x3d-public] X3DJSAIL errors when compiling Java generated from X3D resources JSON examples. Needs work

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Jan 26 11:03:29 PST 2017

you ... are ... awesome ... man !!!  8)

Looks like you are using your X3DJSONLD library to parse and convert the .json examples.

Looking at javaerrors.txt, not critical but it might be helpful if you could intersperse each error report with directory path / filename.

Seems like we have another level of validation occurring...

You might want to output <meta name='warning'/> or <meta name='error'/> elements since they document known errors in scenes.  not all schematron errors are so documented...  when further errors are found in the X3D models (converted .json or source-XML .x3d), we can then fix or document those.

Wondering, are DEF ids such as field0_0_8_0_2_4_8 just a pseudorandom unique value or do they reflect document tree structure somehow?

not sure what JSON input syntax should be for
> FontStyle justify newValue="[MIDDLE, MIDDLE]" has illegal value, must use a valid enumeration string.

... but Java output syntax would look something like

myFontStyle.setFamily (FontStyleObject.FAMILY_SERIF)
	   .setJustify(FontStyleObject.JUSTIFY_MIDDLE_MIDDLE)
	   .setTopToBottom(FontStyleObject.TOPTOBOTTOM_DEFAULT_VALUE);

or

myFontStyle.setFamily ("SERIF")
	   .setJustify(new String[] {"\"MIDDLE\",\"MIDDLE\""})
	   .setTopToBottom(true);