[x3d-public] X3D JSON schema validation problems: @class and IMPORT/EXPORTattributes

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 09:38:20 PDT 2017

Don writes:
Thanks Roy.  This will be good to sort out more closely.  I don't think this draft JSON specification is entirely correct; IMPORT and EXPORT statements can appear multiple times and anywhere in the scene graph, not just with the Scene (root) element.  Good practice for DEF readability/confirmation is to put each of them near their corresponding Inline node, but that isn't explicitly required.

I don’t know about the specification, but the JSON schema supports IMPORT/EXPORT in other places, namely -children and -allNodes (and perhaps other places).

I believe the problem was that you use an object, and not an array in X3dToJson.xslt output. Perhaps we need to discuss how that array is formed, like -children or like ROUTE/meta/field etc?