[x3d-public] Object model definitions of DEF, USE, and class

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Wed Jul 19 07:50:17 PDT 2017

Roy,

> I think these need to be defined in alternative terms, using
> terminology that differentiates them from fields. I suggest
> “attribute”. There may well be better terms.

I would be very careful about using the term "attribute". In HTML- and
XML-land, this term applies to all elements (not DOM elements) of a
particular tag. I think things would get confusing if 'DEF', 'USE', and
'class' were 'attributes' and 'translation', 'diffuseColor', and
'children' were fields. Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions at
this time.

--
*Leonard Daly*
3D Systems & Cloud Consultant