[x3d-public] setUSE in X3DJSAIL. Impact on X3DJSONLD.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 13:03:40 PDT 2017

Don would have to weight in.  From what I’ve seen of Abstract SAI, it’s very different from sai. I haven’t found a good link for Java SAI.  I don’t know anything about the javascript SAI, except what Cobweb provides, I haven’t studied in in great detail. I’m more of a DOM/JSON programmer.  Think of X3DJSAIL jsail almost like POJOs or DTOs with exporters, with a big fancy converter object at the root of the object graph in jsail, and an XML loader sticking off the side.

I think X3DJSAIL is intended to speed up XML processing for Xj3D, so it doesn’t have to go through VRML first, and to provide more validation than what Xj3D provides.  Also, it integrates the conversions found in X3D-Edit. So I think it’s going to be used as the common substrate between X3D-Edit and Xj3D.  That’s my best guess. XML is used for output too.  Either jsail or sai will be used to maninpulate the scenegraph (or an implementation of jsail that does rendering).  I’m imagining X3DJSAIL being the Model, and one needs to add the View and the Controller (MVC terms) from Xj3D to have a functioning X3D browser.

If someone has an online copy of the use cases for X3DJSAIL besides conversion and marshalling/unmarshalling, I’d like to know them.

John

Sent from Mail for Windows 10