[x3d-public] setUSE in X3DJSAIL. Impact on X3DJSONLD.

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Jul 20 13:52:29 PDT 2017

On 7/20/2017 1:42 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> Like I said, I missed something big in Java SAI.  I am corrected.

Certainly we are all learning, many of these lessons are prompted by your work. Again thanks John.

> What are the plans/status of incorporating X3DJSAIL into X3D-Edit and Xj3D? I’ve seen quite a bit of work on X3D-Edit…

Xj3D (open-source Java) already has three VRML/X3D APIs internally... we spent some years thinking it might be worth converging or aligning them.  Not expecting changes there, what works works and what remains to be added can be done consistently.

X3D-Edit will add .x3d -> .java export (menu item and button) at some point.  Not particularly hard, since that is what the X3DJSAIL-based X3dToJava.xslt stylesheet accomplishes.  Thus manually do-able by authors now.

Just checked in support for the rest of the X3D Followers Component (chaser and damper node) to X3D-Edit... an incremental improvement.  Hoping to release a new build in time for SIGGRAPH.