[x3d-public] setUSE in X3DJSAIL

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Jul 20 14:19:41 PDT 2017

On 7/20/2017 1:33 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> Of note, I believe an X3DJSAIL program can serialize itself out to Java source.

Yes indeed.  Example: a bigger more-complex program produces an X3D scene, and that particular scene result can be directly captured as Java source.

http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/X3DJSAIL.html#Examples

http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/examples/HelloWorldProgram.java
http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/examples/HelloWorldProgramOutput.x3d

http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/examples/HelloWorldProgramOutput.java
http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/examples/HelloWorldProgramOutput.Reloaded.x3d

> I am not sure if the result will be valid or not. It’s an important step forward however, I believe.

Everything passes compilation execution and (for .x3d) validation.

Glad you think so.  Certainly every time we "round trip" we find fixable issues so it always helps development.

Interesting to think that any program could produce .x3d .x3dv .wrl .json .java and maybe someday .js .c++ .python etc.  Perhaps new worlds of interoperability are emerging, all sharing interactive X3D scenes as presentation layer to users.